Rafael Nadal Speaks Out on Laver Cup Withdrawal: Expresses Disappointment

Rafael Nadal Speaks Out on Laver Cup Withdrawal: Expresses Disappointment

Rafael Nadal withdraws from Laver Cup. Spanish tennis player Rafael Nadal has been forced to withdraw from the Laver Cup event, which begins in mid-September 2024.

Tennis World USA suggested that Nadal's decision to withdraw is stoking speculation about whether the tennis star has finished playing on tour.

In a social media statement on Friday, the 22-time Grand Slam champion said: "I am disappointed to share that I won't be able to compete in Laver Cup in one week. Do I want them in the lineup more often than just a penalty kill? Yeah, I do… But right now, I need to ensure we are playing with some good players helping us win."

Facing his Team Europe, he well-wished them and added that he would be supporting them from a distance.

In addition, Nadal has struggled with his fitness for years. He then withdrew from the US Open, adding to suggestions that he would confirm his retirement at the Laver Cup, which is expected to be his last event.

However, the curse that always came back to bite the 38-year-old was his fitness issues. He told Eurosport: "For now, I'm not a winner of anything. I said I would play in the Paris 2024 Olympic Games, and then we would see, so now it's a break. Mentally, I am well. Zero physical problems as well."

The Spaniard said earlier that he had not competed in his best form and that other players could play better than him.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post