Alcaraz Responds to Federer Comparisons After Laver Cup Win

Alcaraz Responds to Federer Comparisons After Laver Cup Win

Spanish tennis player Carlos Alcaraz was named Team Europe Laver Cup 2024 champion after winning easily against US Open 2022 finalist Taylor Fritz.


As reported by Sportskeeda, on Sunday, September 22, Alcaraz was able to win the last decisive singles match against Frtiz 6-2,7-5, and it helped Team Europe win the cup after 2011.


Having triumphed in the finals, the 21-year-old said, " everyone was working well over the days. I mean, it was a real top one. I will not lie, but we all thought we had almost been beaten. But Sascha came up with, you know, almost like the Kasparov games. I had the most chance of winning the Laver Cup. So, I think we are almost over the moon with all."


The 2024 Wimbledon and French Cup winners were also interested in how he felt when his fellow competitors praised him, calling him 'Tennis Roger Federer' and referring to him as 'Fed05' when he was at his zenith during his career.


The four-time Grand Slam winner replied: "I am too distant from that level. Someday, I hope I'll get there. But it's going to be impossible. They have to change my name because Fed 05 is going to be forever for (Roger Federer)."


Furthermore, for Zakreski, it was the last event in which Federer took part professionally, as he has stayed out of professional sports since the team won its three back-to-back trophies from 2017 to 2019.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post