Shakib Al Hasan Retires from T20 and Test Cricket: A Tribute to His Legacy

Shakib Al Hasan Retires from T20 and Test Cricket: A Tribute to His Legacy

Bangladesh’s all-round cricketer, Shakib Al Hasan, retires from T20Is and declares he will retire in the Dhaka Test against South Africa in October.

Geo Super reported that the former captain made this shocking announcement when confronted with the media before the Kanpur Test against India started on Thursday, September 26th, 2024.

Shakib said, “I am available for the South Africa series, but since a lot is happening back home, naturally, not everything depends on me. I talked to the BCB regarding my plans for Test cricket. Especially this series and the home series, I think that. It is a disease, which I was thinking could be my last Test series.”

He later said, “I have to tell (BCB president) Farude bhai and the selectors this.” No matter if it is my last Test match if I am given a chance and can get on to the field, Mirpur would be the place. The board is attempting to make it possible for me to play and be safe while planning to travel out of the country without a hitch.

The 37-year-old has played in all the T20 World Cup tournaments since the event started in 2007. He wanted to retire in the 2024 T20 World Cup as the all-time leading wicket-taker in the cup, with a tally of 50 wickets.

To avoid quick fatigue, Test cricket, and T20Is, Shakib is preparing to retire from one-day internationals in the 2025 Champions Trophy.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post