Your language defines who you are; what a wonderful tale



One day Uncle came to my room and started searching for something. His name was Wali, but people used to call him Uncle Villain.


I said, “Uncle is everything good, what are you doing?”


He said, “Dictionary”


I asked, “Which”?


He said, “Is it a matter of asking? Which is the dictionary?


I said, “You said right, but what language”?


Uncle said, “Then again you asked a useless question, if there were a dictionary, it would be English or Persian, if I talk about Arabic, its called qamoos and if i talk about urdu then it is called lughat

I said, right. See all the dictionaries placed in this cupboard box. “

After a while, they gave me a voice. “Brother, the word I need is not in it.”

I saw that Uncle was sitting with the French dictionary. I said, “Where is this English dictionary?

He said, “No, look in this dictionary the words are the same as English.”

I said, the meaning is written in English, but it is a French dictionary. “

He said all here are English characters. I said, “Yes, both English and French languages ​​are written in Roman letters. We have more than English, so we call them the English alphabet. Tell me the word you are looking for. “

Uncle said, “COT Kot , you wanted to see the meaning of COT”. I laughed. He said, “Why, have I said something stupid?” i, said uncle this is our language words not English If you did not believe me, I opened a dictionary and wrote where the word came from. In English there is a coat of khat, meaning light beds or four pie.

Uncle kept reading with torn eyes. He said, “Well, they have not taken wealth from our own, they have taken the words.” I laughed again. I said, “Hazrat! Not taken, many words have been given that we keep speaking day and night.

Even some words that have our own words. Someone asks what is to say “Chacha” instead of Uncle, Mamo, Amu. Abba, Abi, Abi, Baba, “Daddy” or Amman, Amy, Bay, “Mimi” “Mama” … is a wasteful thing? “

Uncle said, “Why do these people try to become English? You laugh at my words, don’t you laugh at it? “I said,” Rather, cry. By the way, the transaction of words has come among the nations, but if every word of English starts to speak English, then what will the world think in the future, that we have passed away for the slightest things that we have gone? and the nation does not have its own words.

Yes, the names of new things, scientific words, and the names of the total parts remain, even for some of them we can make our own lightweight, appropriate words. That’s what all the nations do. There is great ease of making words in Urdu, and Hindi and it can also take the words of other languages, as it contains all the characters and voices that will not be found together in other languages.

Uncle said, “Yes in English, there is no voice of ‘t’ and ‘d’. Multip, Pakistan can be written to Pakhistan, I laughed. I said, “Uncle Waliullah Khan is your buckle dress.”

Uncle said, “You are speaking the wrong English. In English there is no food, just the ear. The sounds we make from two sugars, etc., are not in English, and see how words are speaking to them.

Especially those who show the sounds such as the bhani, the swelling, the threat, the threat, the thunderbolt, the beating, the drum dumka. If you say a touching grandfather, you are known to be ringing. These sounds that are in our language, not in Persian, Arabic, English and other languages.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post